Call for Submissions
Do you have a justice-focused call to action or information about an issue for our UCC churches in Oregon, SW Washington and western Idaho? The CPC Justice & Witness Ministry Team welcomes your ideas for articles and written submissions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 500-700 words or less
– Written in first person
– Include at least one photograph (more are welcome)
– Include links to other web sites
– Congruent with the vision of CPC Justice & Witness team (see below)
Our purpose: Do Justice, Seek Peace, Build Community
The CPC Justice and Witness Ministry Team encourages the conference and local churches to engage in direct action as prophetic voices for justice, peace, and the integrity of creation.
- Help local churches and their congregants identify and examine all facets of justice, peace and environmental issues affecting their communities, and facilitate a discernment of God’s call to act in response to these issues.
- Offer the local churches and their congregants the information, resources, training, models and frameworks for direct action.
- Raise awareness throughout the conference of issues, events and calls for action.
- Lift up and celebrate the justice and peace activities and programs being carried out by the local church and its individual members.
- Assist local churches and their congregants to understand that engaging in direct action is a way to grow and live their faith.